Hello My Fellow Rotarians from around the world. My plea to you is a simple one. The Binga Village community in Matabeleland Zimbabwe Africa is the poorest in all of Zimbabwe. My name is Gib Leonard and I'm the Founding Director of the Buy a Brick Foundation. I'm a Rotarian District 7620, Washington DC. I've been working in Zimbabwe for the past 20 years. We've built over 30 schools, teachers living quarters, a fully commissioned Leona Clinic and have established over 18 community gardens providing year-round crop rotation to over 8,000 people living in the rural areas of Zimbabwe, Africa.
On August 15th, 2023, my wife Leigh and I along with our Project Director Kumbulani Tshambo traveled to Binga Zimbabwe from our base camp in Victoria Falls. WOW, what we saw in Binga was heartbreaking to say the least. Seriously, we have seen some desperate need in Zimbabwe over the past 20 years, but the Binga schools or lack thereof is so sub-par there are no words to describe this desperate situation.
We need to raise awareness to this incredible need for Educational Facilities in this area.
Our first priority is to build a Primary School for 200 learners at Simathelele. Seriously, we saw that under a tree was the best place to learn. The other structures were falling down and unfit for human life.
1. The BuyaBrick Foundation has just donated the first truck load of 10,000 bricks which was delivered on Friday August 18th 2023.
2. We need to raise $68,788.00 usd to construct this school, supply it with desks, water and build suitable living quarters for the teachers.
3. Please, the NEED is GREAT and we need your financial support in order to make this happen right away.
4. We have everything in place from the material supply sources to the builder in order to have this project completed by the end of the year.
5. If you would like to contact me directly for more information, please do so.
202-359-4900USA +263 078 726 726 Zimbabwe GibLeonard@gmail.com