The Rotary Club of San Jose Golden harvest is located at San Jose city, Nueva Ecija Philippines under District 3770 is currently providing Stainless Steel handwash Facilities to Public Schools. As of today, we donated 9 units of handwashing facilities. We successfully donated 7 units in schools and during pandemic we donated 1 in public market and 2 units in City health office for the covid-19 frontliners and in the public market. For reference you can visit the following Facebook page link for our club profile and projects conducted: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rotary3770SanJoseGoldenHarvest
The proposed project entitled "CLEAN HANDS SAVE LIVES" donation of 55 units Stainless Steel Handwash Facilities aims to benefit 30,430 learners/students from kindergarten to senior high school and 1118 teachers in 55 Schools of San Jose City Nueva Ecija, Philippines.
The department of education requires all school to have at least 1 handwash facility with 10 faucets for every 100 students. With this requirement all schools needed to have at least 305 handwash facilities, at present only 50% of the total requirements are installed. The proposed 55 units will be beneficial to students to make sure that they are in safe condition against diseases cause by any viruses like covid-19 and bacteria.
This project will be installed at the entrance gate of each school to make sure that their hand is sanitized before entering and leaving the school.
On this project, we will conduct WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) SUMMIT CONTEST an awareness drive campaign to improve the hygiene behavior and education of the students. This activity will be conducted during the launching of the project and in the succeeding years to be done annually. The WASH SUMMIT is composed of Poster Making Contest, Essay Writing Contest, Motivational Video Making Contest and other information drive program that will enhance the awareness of each student on the proper sanitation and hygiene.
1. To conduct project that helps the learners to protect themselves on any diseases from bacteria and viruses that may harm their lives.
2. To provide attractive WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) facility made from durable and high-quality stainless steel to be installed in the entrance gate of all public school in San Jose City, Nueva Ecija.
3. To educate learners about the importance of handwashing, tooth brushing and drinking clean water to prevent any diseases caused by viruses and bacteria during the WASH SUMMIT CONTEST a program to be conducted during the launching of the project and in the succeeding years to continue educating learners.
4. To promote and improve sanitation and hygiene of all learners in public schools
5. To train school personnel and members of PCTA about the basic troubleshooting and repair of this facility