Santhigiri Rehabilitation Institute (SRI) is a social and charitable entity founded in 1988 under the aegis of the Religious Congregation named, Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI). It is a registered organization functioning in concurrence with the Law governing the Charitable Societies and accordingly SRI has duly constituted General Body and Governing Body dedicated to the cause of Persons with Disabilities (PWD).
Acknowledging service to Persons with Disabilities (PwD) as the fundamental thrust of SRI 33 years ago, the organization over the years has explored and exploited almost all areas of disability management & rehabilitation and has come to be now recognized as an authentic resource organization concerning to Persons with Disabilities affairs
SRI has been by all means seeking innovations in vocational employment all the while and have Santhigiri Offset Printing Press with DTP section employing more than 25 Persons with Disabilities before the COVID19 period. They had equipped their printing unit before 16 years and the machineries have become worn out and it is inevitable to replace them with updated technologies.
Goals & Objectives
1. The project envisages expanding the scope and widening the range of employment.
2. Innovate new employment opportunities, devise schemes and impart skills accordingly.
3. To expand the unit with the capacity to employ 20 more Persons with Disabilities with the needed investments by way of additional printing unit and accessories.
4. Vocational training for 20 Persons with Disabilities in printing technology, book binding, paper crafts etc.
5. Assist the Persons with Disabilities to attain their goal of "creating equality and equal opportunity for Persons with Disabilities in social life and development".