The Tacurando Project is the result of the transforming power generated by meetings, where a nurse and a hospitalized patient had their first meeting and she cherished the patient and transmitted words that brought peace and tranquility, and it helped a lot in their treatment. In a second moment, which culminated in the creation of the project, a group of volunteers who attended the Hospital Santa Casa de Cianorte, got together to fulfill a dream of an eleven year old patient of getting a doll from Santa Claus's hands.Today, with the volunteer network, the "TáCurando Institute" was created. After these first two episodes, the meetings did not stop happening and they already add up to thousands, in which hearts were connected through volunteer work and through education for peace.The Association aims to encourage the practice of human values, without ethnic, political or religious restrictions, helping all those interested in awakening about their integrity and connection with the world, through volunteer work and environmental education, aiming to minimize the selfishness that generates human suffering, through fraternity, solidarity, education, health, environment, promoting an awareness of wholeness through the encounter. And from all this, the School of Human Values and the Ecological Sanctuary are born in the hearts of volunteers.
Objectives for this Grant:
- Build a Nursery of Forest Seedlings Native to the Atlantic Forest biome that enables the reforestation of the Ecological Sanctuary which has 98.000 square meters, with the main focus on the production and planting of species threatened with extinction;
- Recover and preserve the various springs listed on the property in order to increase the local water potential;
- Execute environmental recovery measures in the Preservation Area;
- Enable the return of regional fauna to the reforested area in order to observe the avifauna;
- Build an Oca through the sustainable technique of bioconstruction where the classes of the School of Human Values will be developed, where the pedagogy of the art of living in peace will be addressed (UN Program "Our Common Future" and UNESCO Program "Peace in the Mind of Men "), with a special focus on environmental education/ecological pedagogy;
- Application of workshops and courses in partnership with Technological University of Paraná (UTFPR) with the theme Non-Conventional Food Plants;
- Build a Meliponary (stingless bees) for environmental education.