To support Arbor Day and the designation of Tree City USA, the City of San Clemente has a plan to increase the number of trees (urban forest) in the public areas around the city. Many issues cause trees to be removed each year, and successfully increasing the urban forest is vital to support:
- Trees eat the greenhouse gases that cause climate change
- Trees boost our mental health while raising our physical health
- Trees clean the air so we can breathe more easily
- Trees give a home to the wildlife we love
- Trees cool down your life, and could even save it
- Trees filter your water, making your drinking supply cleaner and more reliable
Club members will be involved in supporting any fundraising, organizing and publicizing the tree donation, planting and Arbor Day to support the environment. Additionally, getting hands dirty to help plant the trees will be done by the members.