Latrines in individual homes of the poorest in thevillages of Mewat in Haryana.. These are ventilated pit latrines, pour flush. There is no Municipal sewage system in the village. All Latrines are Septic system. Water is available through dug wells in the village. Soaps and other consumables are available locally in the village at a very cheap and at an affordable cost. Already constructed 1000 such Larrines.
1) Open defecation is prevalent in 80% of the homes and by 100% of the homes belonging to schdelule cast who are the poorest.
2) The safety of the girl child and women folk is of utmost imopotance.
3) Covid-19: One of the main caused being cited for the spread of the Novel Coronavirus Covid-19 is open defecation amongs the Women who go in groups for safety reasons. Menfolks also go ingroups to avoid wild animals.
4) 30% of the Covid-19 cases being reported in the State of Haryana are from Mewat region of this only 1 case came from Bardoi village.
5) By providing Latrines we will help in stopping the spread of the dreaed Covid-19 virus in the village and surrounding areas.