Credit Card Fundraising
The project partners are seeking individual donations to bridge a funding gap. Please consider supporting this project with a credit card donation. To do this, click the "Donate Now" button below!
Our Club and RC Brighton - Ontario - Canada - District 7070, is moving forward to start a potential Global Grant.
We are looking to find Club funds to move forward a Global Grant and I'd like to invite your Club to be a partner in this project.
Vanessa (my wife and professor of the University of Brasília) and I prepared this video below showing the families' water situation: https://youtu.be/0NWW_w_-77o
Short Project Synopsis:
The Structural City - Brasilia - Brazil and the community of Santa Luzia have an estimated population of 47.2 thousand inhabitants where more than 7 thousand families live in the Santa Luzia community.
Our focus is to delivery Clay Filters to 1,101 families of waste pickers who live in the community of Santa Luzia.
The Association of Collectors (Ambiente) surveyed these people and realized that many still consumed dirty drinking water, which was harmful to their health, especially to children who were constantly sick.
Each filter costs = US$ 28.14
Buying 1,243 Clay filters = US$ 34,978.02
Exchange rate difference = US$ 646.98
Global Grant total = US$ 35,625.00
Number of families benefited = we will delivery 1,243 units for these families.
Using the Global Grant calculator:
• (RC Taguatinga - 4530) (the Host sponsor) will give $5,000.00
• (District 4530) will give $5,000.00
• (RC Brighton - 7070) (the International sponsor) will give CAD$ 1,000 = $750
• (RC Campbellford - 7070) will give CAD$ 1,000 = $750
• (RTE Club - 7070) will give $3.000
• (RC Stirling - 7070) will give CAD$ 1,000 = $750
• (Lake Union RC - 5030) in Seattle WA will give $1,000.00
• (District - 5030) in Seattle WA will give $1,000.00
• (RC Bellevue- 5030) in Seattle WA will give $1,000.00
• (District - 5030) in Seattle WA will give $2,000.00