Environmental Recovery of the Farm Stream - West Side of Morro das Pedras Park.
The project for environmental recovery of the water body called "Ribeirão / Riacho da Fazenda", located in the Morro das Pedras neighborhood, with the objective of local sanitation and improvement of the quality of life of the water resource and its pollution, using low cost tools and equipments for these technological innovations. 600 families will be benefited, mostly from low income and in social risk situations, due to water and sanitation.
To achieve the objectives will be realized in the designated physical environment in the community - and its surroundings - the following benchmarks:
1. Insert one or more Environmental Recovery Units based on charcoal and special filter plant roots to filter the polluted water carried by the left bank rainwater drains of this spring;
2. To fix pockets with hanging gardens within the main water body by planting special plants that filter out polluted waters;
3. Raise small physical unevenness (steps) in the Ribeirão da Fazenda riverbed, aiming at sediment retention and oxygenation along the water body with unevenness in the flow of water.
4. Carry out environmental management with recovery and reforestation of the Ribeirão da Fazenda banks, including the removal of solid waste (garbage) and the implantation of native and ornamental vegetation on both banks of this water body;
5. Develop and distribute informative materials containing guidelines for basic sanitation of approximately 600 households and 1,200 residents surrounding the Creek "Ribeirao da fazenda";
6. Develop and establish a self-sustaining and replicable technical-scientific model for monitoring and evaluation, based on dialogue with public agencies responsible for sanitary supervision of this locality. This procedure will promote guidance to local residents on the adequacy of the sanitation system aiming at community awareness in the treatment of effluents and also the environment through community empowerment;
7. Monitor the results and maintain the implemented measures.