PROJECT: RED REVOLUTION PROJECT to provide Hygienic Sanitary Pads to rural and tribal girls in the vicinity of District 3060, India.
Menstruation marks the beginning of the fertile phase in the life of a woman, but is considered a taboo in India. Young girls grow up feeling embarrassed & ashamed of this natural phenomena which enables them to become a mother.
*RED Revolution is a revolution of thoughts*
It is designed with a purpose to create a scientific awareness in females & liberate them from the myths & taboos revolving around menstruation, prevailing in India.
And also give them a healthy, environment friendly and eco-friendly solution.
India being largely made up of rural population, basic infrastructure is a huge area of concern.
Girls in their puberty
1. lack resources of protective measures to be used during menstruation & use unhygienic methods and face many gynaecological problems.
2. Girl child education gets affected as they are advised to stay at home during menstruation due to lack of protective measures.
3. Sanitary pads available in the market have carcinogenic chemicals and plastic which when disposed pollutes the atmosphere, thereby causing respiratory tract infection & affecting health of society at large.
Provide women with reusable sanitary pads that have no carcinogenic chemicals and plastic.
Content & cost of Proposed R3 pad - 1 packet
2 antileak layers
1 band to hold pad to inner wear
Material used is polyester based polar fleece which is soft, gentle, washable & reusable.( 2 years guarantee )
Benefits of RED Revolution.
1. Girls with hygienic measures will face less self induced gynaecological problems.
2. Girl child education will improve as she will be able to attend school regularly.
3. Pollution will reduce as the pads are chemical & plastic free.
4. Money saving as these pads are reusable.
Estimated Budget of this project is as under:
Cost of One Packet which contains 4 Sanitary pads is INR 120
Initially, we intend to reach 30,625 rural and tribal girls.
So, the total cost would be INR 120*30,625= INR 3,675,000 i.e US D 52,500.