This project will develop rural villages through a holistic approach with a primary emphasis on health education. We will establish a Training Center to train trainers to go into villages in the Chatkal and Batken regions to educate local community members who will continue the training on a long-term basis, thereby transforming the community. Among the topics to be covered are pregnancy, childbirth, and nutrition. Developing a training center will allow us to train our own staff as well as other staff working with local non-profits in the principles of effective community development.
Primary Project objectives:
• Reduction in unnecessary medical expenses incurred through a misinformed medical system
• A measurable reduction in preventable disease based on application of principles learned in community health trainings
• Improved maternal and prenatal health and birth outcomes.
Primary Budget Items:
• Vehicle to transport trainers to and from training villages
• Training materials on topics such as pregnancy, childbirth, and nutrition
• Training of trainers
• Community training expenses