• Al-Jabal Hospital (AJH) is a general non-for-profit organization with 40 beds. It is located in Karneyel, Al Maten district within the Lebanese Mountain Region, 40 Km far from Beirut and approximately 1200m above sea level. The hospital territory is about 10500 m2 and serves approximately 130.000 Inhabitant of 45 neighboring villages who have no alternate access to a nearby health care facility within 50 Km range.
• Al-Jabal Hospital was established in 1983 by "Kamal Jumblatt Social Foundation" and received financial support through contributions of the residents of the region. The Hospital was formally initialized with the Resolution No. 545/1 issued by the Ministry of Public Health on August 26th, 1998. Then, based on the decision by Kamal Jumblatt Social Foundation in year 2010, the location of Al-Jabal Hospital was moved to Karneyel within Baabda District, where a new building was built.
• A managerial relationship was established for Al-Jabal Hospital between Kamal Jumblatt Social Foundation and the Board of Trustees of the Health Establishment of the Druze Community /Ain Wazein Medical Village, and signed on the 17th of August in 2012.
• AJH mission is to Provide high quality medical, nursing and hotel services at minimum cost to the Metn and surrounding communities without any social or religious discrimination; In its strategic goals, the hospital emphasizes a customer-centered approach addressing the needs of our customers; and emphasize quality assurance in handling all aspects of patient care within the available limited resources in order to ensure continuity, coherence and safety of patients, and hence, the sustainability of the organization.
• The hospital vision is to enhance its excellence in health care service in terms of practice and technology; to excel in the field of medical and promote social care and to foster community health services.
• The hospital new building consists of 3 floors covering an area of 5,450 square meters and housing 34 beds at present, and distributed as to the strategic plan, within the departments of Medicine, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Operations, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Intensive care Unit, One day Surgery, Emergency and Pediatric (ready for opening 6 beds).
• IWithin the strategic plan (2016-2020), the hospital is looking forward to expand the construction to provide the hospital to operate more than 70 beds. This will require doubling the current area to about 11,000 m2 .
• Since 2013 and till 2017 around 54,582 patient were admitted and benefitted of medical service at Al-Jabal hospital (Emergency, Internal Medicine, Laboratory, Imaging, Delivery....) in addition for executing around 4,300 operations.
• Further to the above, AJH should keep achieving its strategic goals in providing high quality of health care services to our community, so needs of some Medical equipment arise in departments where to be available to achieved, where it is distributed as the below table:
Ultrasonic cleaning machine
Electrical Pneumatic Tourniquet
Patient Monitor and Gas Model
Patient Warmer (Bear Hugger)
Dialysis + SDS
Vital Signs Machine