Curriculum in schools dont have elements of Ethics and Peace that are integral to the life and careers of the Youth. Rotary has this in built in its 4 way test and it has been effectively used to build these values thru Interact and Rotaract. The Long Beach Rotary incorporated this into a middle school program called Teaching Ethics to Kids (TEK). We have taken elements of this program and merged it with a curriculum for Peace and setup an educational program for Boys and Girls Clubs and Interact and Rotaract Clubs. Nuclear Age Peace Foundation has agreed to contribute some Peace materials to our Curriculum development.
The projects entails:
1. To Develop a curriculum and deliver (8) talks to Middle and High School level students at Irvine Boys and Girls Club.
2. Organize (2) panel discussions on Ethics and Peace. The panelists will consist of business professionals and the target audience will be Rotaract and Interact students as well as Irvine Boys and Girls Club.
These sessions may be over the course of the Rotary year starting in Sep 2020.
The project expenditures are as follows:
1. Facility rental + Staff for two workshops w/ panel discussions 2 x $250 each = $ 500
2. Speakers Honorarium 2 x $250 each = $ 500
3. Materials for seminars 2 x $250 each = $ 500
4. Refreshments for Boys & Girls Club (B&GC) 8 x $150 each = $1,200
5. Materials for B&GC 8 x $50 each = $ 400
Total Project Expenditures $ 3,100
A minimum of 3 Rotarians will be involved per session:
(3) Club members to function as:
1. Program Chair / Coordinator
2. Program marketing and Outreach Officer
3. Panel Moderator
Additional Rotarians may help with logistics, food distribution etc.