The Alaska department of Transportation and Pubic Facilities have been wanting to build a shelter at outer point on Douglas Island.
This project would complete the Picnic Shelter located at Outer Point on Douglas Island. This project would be done in partnership with the Department of Transportation and help from the other 3 clubs in Juneau.
The four Rotary Clubs of Juneau and Rotaract Club propose to help with building and design of the Shelter but with the Covid 19 virus the other clubs don't have any fundraisers so will not be contributing with funding at this time. Each club will take a leadership role in insuring the success of this project.
• The Juneau Gastineau Rotary Club will initiate project organization and will be a liaison between the Rotary Clubs and community leadership and writing of the grant.
How the project will meet those needs
By combining the resources of Juneau Rotary clubs we will be able to build the long envisioned picnic shelter.
Timeline for your project
• July 30, 2020: Receive notice of Grant Funding
• Sept 2020: Shelter Kit ordered from supplier, site preparation work party
• March 2021: Construction of picnic shelter
What the project funds will use for
• Purchase the shelter kit, footings
•Design/Permitting, CBJ project Administration, other contingencies
How many club members will be involved
We propose 30% club membership from each club.
Budget: Total budget for construction of the shelter is $12,000.
SOURCE OF FUNDS
$6000 Juneau Gastineau Rotary Clubs :
$6,000 District grant match requested